Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why Wireless?  (November)

I could see I guess how a school going wireless might help some students experience more. Of course, there should be
limitations on what kind of sites may be viewed. The students who have laptops could keep up better with Stuff. I really don't believe it makes that much of a difference to students. My concern about students
using laptops with wireless communication would be checking e-mails and sending messages to each other. Who I really
believe would enjoy wireless more would be the teachers. I think more computers in classrooms would make a bigger
difference. Even as technology is exploding all families may not have the means to own a portable p.c. That's why I think money
would be better spent on computers for every classroom.
I guess it would depend on the kind of school that educators and parents wanted. I am all in favor of technology and using
it in classrooms. On the other hand, there has to be balance to what we do in our schools. Computers are not teachers but
I believe some teachers would use it like that. A little bit of knowledge is worse than not having any.

No comments: