Saturday, September 6, 2008

Internation Teachers using Blogs

Mrs. Cassidy's first grade class in Canada use a classroom blog to post just about everything. The first graders can do podcast
they also have other students in other countries they can blog with. My little girl is in the first grade and I would love for her to
start using this kind of technology. Unfortunately just about all she does is take test. I think she would have a better
understanding of the world. Mrs. Cassidy's students can show there grandparents what they are doing in school no matter where
they live. I am going to involve my first grader in helping me do my blogs and understanding how blog work. To go to Mrs.
Cassidy's classroom blog Click here
Mr. Coyle's eight grade humanities class is in New Delhi, India. Mr. Coyle's classroom blog looks like a Wall Street blog, all
business. His students can access there blogs, and get assignments. Mr. Coyle also had some of his lectures posted on the class
blog. This class blog did not do it for me. I did not like the strictly business format of the blog. Personally I think kids would
like to use a blog that is kid friendly not so much adult friendly. I know all teacher have there own way of doing things but for
me I like to let kids be kids. Kids can have fun while they learn to use technology. To go to Mr. Coyle's eight grade humanities
class blog Click here

No comments: