Thursday, September 11, 2008

It Is Not Okay To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher

I do agree with the blog that today's teachers and staff need to be able to use computers. I think that younger teachers are
better at using computers because they grew up with them. Newer teachers have to take classes that requires learning about
how computers work. For the older teachers I hope most of them are trying to take advantage of learning about computers.
I am not sure which state this person writing the blog has taken this information from. I don't think that most teachers or staff
could program a computer but I would like to think they were trying to use all of the tools to their advantage.
I do not agree with the statement about if a teacher today is not technologically literate and is unwilling to make the effort
to learn more is equivalent to a teacher 30 years ago who didn't know how to read. Give me a break.
It either works or it doesn't and if it works he or she is doing what they are paid to do. Just
because that teacher doesn't want to continue to learn about computers doesn't make them a failure. I would agree that there
are resources available on computers to help kids learn but if the teacher gets the job done it's done.

No comments: