Sunday, November 9, 2008

Maine Department of Education

I believe that these podcast are the future for helping teachers explore new ways of helping students get the educational skills needed in today's market place. The computer skills for most children mainly my on two children six and fifteen are highly advanced. I believe most children learn by doing the task a hand trial and error. Computers are no different, I know my children can do things on a computer that Dr. Strange is teaching in a college classroom.
So children I believe will find learning alot more fun because of computers. Teachers may find that letting children learn on computers will not limit children. Because most of us have had a teacher in front of the classroom teaching a lesson that you understood so you just checked out mentally. I think that with computers some children could almost always be engaged with learning. The student could learn as fast as he or she could master the skill and be on to the next skill with out any down time.
For teachers in the classroom I believe that this tool can and will be beneficial to them. I also think as a teacher something like this could help improve test scores. With all the testing that takes place in schools today this would help students and teachers have some fun learning again. I have been classes where teachers have taught me without me even knowing that I was learning the skill because they were so creative. Would computers help these kinds of teachers, I think so. But I do not want to see computers and computer on line classes take the place of real classrooms and creative teachers.

No comments: