Saturday, October 4, 2008

Randy Pausch

I like the last lecture Randy Pausch did. I thought the key points were very important to him and he nailed them. I felt that he was at ease presenting the lecture. For a man who was dieing he seem to be taking it very well.
Some of the principals he talked about were right on the money. I know for myself I agreed with the fundamentals of hard work. Some other points he made were about brick walls. Brick walls are made to keep out people who don't want it as bad as people who do. I like the idea about not placing bars on students. Tell students what you want done and let them go far it. You may not always get what you want but you do get what you deserve. One more idea I got out of the lecture was to enjoy everyday
like it was your last. Slow down and smell the roses. Create goals for yourself but don't take anything for granted.

No comments: